Lori O’Neil, DVM – Owner, Veterinarian
Certificated in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy
I was raised on a ranch in the Mojave Desert and have always loved and been an advocate for animals. In fourth grade I petitioned the President to save the wild horses. Later, I started rescuing cats and kittens. One summer alone, I bottle fed 40 rescue kittens at one time and found them all good homes. All this while going to school and working! To this day my passion for animals has never faded.
I found my true calling in veterinary medicine, dentistry, animal physical rehabilitation (otherwise known as physical therapy) and Emergency medicine/critical care. This is the area where I felt I could make a difference and have the strongest impact in saving and improving the quality of animals’ lives.
My philosophy is to treat every animal, whether owned or stray, like it is my own. I am very fortunate to be able to do what I love!
I am featured in the Ventura County Star newspaper as the resident “Ask The Expert”
- DVM, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2001
- Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group, Ventura, California, 2001-2002
- Emergency and Critical Care from 2002-Dec 2005 at Pet Emergency Clinic in Ventura and Thousand Oaks, as well as at California Animal Referral and Emergency in Santa Barbara. I continued to perform Relief Emergency shifts from 2006 through 2012.
- Animal Rehabilitation Center of Ventura County 2006 -2013 (Now a part of Adobe)
- Adobe Animal Hospital and Emergency Center January 3, 2006 to present
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- California Veterinary Medical Association
- Santa Barbara and Ventura Veterinary Medical Association
- Alpha-Stimulation, Dr. Eva Frick
- Certificate in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy from the Canine Rehabilitation Institute, Dr. Van Dyke
- Penn Hip Radiology
- Ultrasound workshops: 2 workshops University of California Davis and one Sound technology 2-day course
- Emergency Critical Care Workshops: 2 labs and one 2-day workshop with Dr. Tim Crowe
- Bandaging workshop: VECCS
- Eye Surgery Lab: Dr. Maggs, UC Davis
- Inhalation and ventilation labs: VECCS
- Basic and Advanced Dentistry workshops: Western States Veterinary Convention
- Advanced Dentistry and Endodontics: Animal Dental Training Center of Baltimore, Dr. Ira Luskin
- Abdominal ultrasound, advanced dentistry, emergency and critical care, physical rehabilitation, soft tissue surgery, and pocket pets
Amberly Lunsford – Veterinary Assistant and Receptionist
I started working for Adobe in June of 2017 after going to the office as a client with my 3-year old Great Dane, Weagle, my “only child” so far.
I moved to California from Georgia when my husband was stationed at Port Hueneme. In Georgia, I was working at an AAHA accredited animal hospital and had only been here a few months when Dr. O’Neil offered me a working interview and I have been with Adobe ever since.
I love learning and am aiming towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and hope to work with (not be eaten by) big cats, specifically tigers!
Rose Briseno – Senior Nurse
I have been working at Adobe Animal Hospital since 2009. I enjoy working with animals, our staff and doctor.
Initially, I worked as a Kennel Nurse. Through dedication, hard work, and expanding my knowledge base, I have moved up to Senior Veterinary Nurse.
I love providing preventative education to our clients about the illnesses and diseases that their pets can get so they can protect their loved ones from diseases such as Parvo and Heartworm.
I am currently attending classes to become a Registered Veterinary Technician.
I really enjoy the family atmosphere and company outings like the one we recently took to the Painted Cabernet. I feel very lucky to have found this job and it has turned into a career that I love.
My role at Adobe Animal Hospital is Office Manager. I double as receptionist, and overall encourager! I am a So Cal native who has recently returned home. My favorite part about living in Ventura County is the ocean, the beach, and the laid-back vibe here. I am a musician, play guitar and sing, and also love Karaoke!
I have been at Adobe for about a month now, and I really enjoy working here. My co-workers are amazing and it’s a very positive atmosphere. When I’m at work I enjoy hanging out with kids and grandkids. I have 5 of each, and one grandchild on the way. Other family members are my two dogs, Nelson and Princess, and two cats, Isabella and Marshmallow.
I graduated from 2 schools here in California: CSU Channel Islands and America’s Teaching Zoo. I have a B.S. in Organismal Biology and an A.S. in Exotic Animal Training and Management. My focus has always been on animals, from microscopic zooplankton to training an adult African Lion. After graduation, I began training Macaws in a parrot show while a veterinary technician for a small clinic in Arizona. I moved back to California this year and started working for Dr. O’Neil at Adobe Animal Hospital. I am happy to be caring for animals again! At home, I have 4 male rats: Moemoe, Curly, Blackie and Smoothie, as part of my tiny family.
I’ve been working at Adobe for more than a year now, but was a client here before that. I would take my “fur babies” Snow and Shelby for their puppy plan visits, and I always asked the technicians if the hospital was hiring, but as I was under 18 I was too young to work here. When I turned 18 I applied, and Dr. O’Neil gave me the opportunity.
I am currently attending college pursuing a Bachelors in Biology and become a certified Registered Veterinarian Technician. Since I was a child I’ve had a huge passion for animals, and a desire to make a difference in their lives. I have learned so many things and am now using my passion for animals to help them!
I’ve been working with animals for 10 years. Cats are my favorite! I love their soft, fluffy coats. I hope to eventually become a researcher and study oncology in pets. My hobbies re playing video games (Pokemon GO!) and watching movies with friends. I’ve lived in Ventura county all my life. Beach life is a MUST!