Lori O’Neil, DVM – Owner, Veterinarian
Certificated in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy
I was raised on a ranch in the Mojave Desert and have always loved and been an advocate for animals. In fourth grade I petitioned the President to save the wild horses. Later, I started rescuing cats and kittens. One summer alone, I bottle fed 40 rescue kittens at one time and found them all good homes. All this while going to school and working! To this day my passion for animals has never faded.
I found my true calling in veterinary medicine, dentistry, animal physical rehabilitation (otherwise known as physical therapy) and Emergency medicine/critical care. This is the area where I felt I could make a difference and have the strongest impact in saving and improving the quality of animals’ lives.
My philosophy is to treat every animal, whether owned or stray, like it is my own. I am very fortunate to be able to do what I love!
I am featured in the Ventura County Star newspaper as the resident “Ask The Expert”
- DVM, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2001
- Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group, Ventura, California, 2001-2002
- Emergency and Critical Care from 2002-Dec 2005 at Pet Emergency Clinic in Ventura and Thousand Oaks, as well as at California Animal Referral and Emergency in Santa Barbara. I continued to perform Relief Emergency shifts from 2006 through 2012.
- Animal Rehabilitation Center of Ventura County 2006 -2013 (Now a part of Adobe)
- Adobe Animal Hospital and Emergency Center January 3, 2006 to present
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- California Veterinary Medical Association
- Santa Barbara and Ventura Veterinary Medical Association
- Alpha-Stimulation, Dr. Eva Frick
- Certificate in Canine Rehabilitation Therapy from the Canine Rehabilitation Institute, Dr. Van Dyke
- Penn Hip Radiology
- Ultrasound workshops: 2 workshops University of California Davis and one Sound technology 2-day course
- Emergency Critical Care Workshops: 2 labs and one 2-day workshop with Dr. Tim Crowe
- Bandaging workshop: VECCS
- Eye Surgery Lab: Dr. Maggs, UC Davis
- Inhalation and ventilation labs: VECCS
- Basic and Advanced Dentistry workshops: Western States Veterinary Convention
- Advanced Dentistry and Endodontics: Animal Dental Training Center of Baltimore, Dr. Ira Luskin
- Abdominal ultrasound, advanced dentistry, emergency and critical care, physical rehabilitation, soft tissue surgery, and pocket pets
Lourdes Cortez – Receptionist and OSHA Coordinator
I’ve been at Adobe since 2015. Working at Adobe has given me a different point of view of the pet world. I’ve learned to be more caution in the care of animals than I previously had and still continue to learn every day. I enjoy helping clients with their pet needs in good times and in bad. Seeing a pet leave Adobe happy and healthy with their owner is what I enjoy the most.
I enjoy crocheting, watching movies and spending time with my family and my dog “Gizmo”.
Amberley Lunsford – Veterinary Assistant and Receptionist
I started working for Adobe in June of 2017 after going to the office as a client with my 3-year old Great Dane, Weagle, my “only child” so far.
I moved to California from Georgia when my husband was stationed at Port Hueneme. In Georgia, I was working at an AAHA accredited animal hospital and had only been here a few months when Dr. O’Neil offered me a working interview and I have been with Adobe ever since.
I love learning and am aiming towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and hope to work with (not be eaten by) big cats, specifically tigers!
Rose Briseno – Senior Nurse
I have been working at Adobe Animal Hospital since 2009. I enjoy working with animals, our staff and doctor.
Initially, I worked as a Kennel Nurse. Through dedication, hard work, and expanding my knowledge base, I have moved up to Senior Veterinary Nurse.
I love providing preventative education to our clients about the illnesses and diseases that their pets can get so they can protect their loved ones from diseases such as Parvo and Heartworm.
I am currently attending classes to become a Registered Veterinary Technician.
I really enjoy the family atmosphere and company outings like the one we recently took to the Painted Cabernet. I feel very lucky to have found this job and it has turned into a career that I love.
Victor Solorio – Senior Nurse and Dental Assistant
I always had a deep love for animals and honestly my family has a small zoo including a mini horse.
Initially I was an Adobe client. Every time I would see Dr. O’Neil I would ask if I could volunteer my time just to get a foot in the door of veterinary medicine. She always insisted that I get into a training program so that I would be reimbursed for my time. She even gave me the names of organizations that could help me. I found one, Adobe took me on and trained me. The training is hard and the learning curve is steep but when it is your passion you cannot quite call it hard work. It is more like tough love.
I have been a member of the Adobe family since 2010.
Doctor O’Neil enrolled me in a Half-Maration training program which is fun, challenging, and a great stress reliever. She believes we all need balance in our lives to be the best we can be. Working in Veterinary medicine is everything I thought it could be and more.
Annissa Noe – Nurse, BNI Spokesperson
I came to Adobe through the Animal Behavioral College Internship in 2015. I performed my 90 hours of hands on training with Adobe. Dr. O’Neil decided that I would fit right in with the rest of the crew and I have been here for almost 2 years now. I enjoy being able to work with animals every day, and being able to make them feel better and live happy lives.
I represent Adobe Animal Hospital as their Business Networking International spokesperson on a weekly basis. I feel I excel at compassion and understanding the clients and their pets. I treat them as if they were my own.
I was colluded into taking Belly-Dancing classes for exercise with Dr. O’Neil they turned out to be a lot of fun! I also participated in a superhero run with the Doctor and my super dog Cleo.
I loves spending time with my Chihuahua, Cleo, and collecting Superman memorabilia. Best of all, I love dressing her in her Superman tutu and showing her off the world.